Packaging Process Engineer
|Posted On||Jul 28, 2020|
Process Engineer OVERSEEING Packaging Equipment installations and high-speed manufacturing of products is needed immediately for this growing manufacturing facility in Columbus, OH. This is an opportunity to make a difference as a key player for the success and growth of a company that values and rewards its employees with bonuses and overtime pay for salary employees. This Position will Lead continuous improvement plans within an FDA regulated/cGMP facility manufacturing and packaging products in huge demand during this COVID-19 epidemic.
- Overall responsibility for the design (and upgrades) of the process systems as well as the selection of proper manufacturing equipment and safety systems.
- Drives continuous improvements throughout filling and packaging operations.
- Technical knowledge for packaging equipment repairs
- Implementing processes and monitoring equipment utilized for bottling and packaging on high-speed production lines
- Develops processes and systems to measure line performance and prioritize improvement areas
- Manages the development and implementation of EQUIPMENT for new products and expansion plans
- Lead EQUIPMENT and process qualification activities for new equipment and packaging processes.
- Assist with all project proposals and cost estimates regarding upgrades and expansion of production lines
- Provide leadership in continuous improvement methodologies (LEAN, DMAIC, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is ideal but will consider candidates with a minimum of 7 years of experience in a production environment (preferably FDA regulated) overseeing equipment for high speed and agile filling packaging systems
- EQUIPMENT engineering experience with a proven success record of driving OEE improvements
- Lean Manufacturing skills with certifications reflecting skillset
Company offers an excellent package of benefits to include a matching 401K, and 20 PTO days the first year.