|Feb 06, 2024
Our global manufacturing client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Process Engineer to join their dynamic team. In this pivotal role, the successful candidate will be responsible for optimizing manufacturing processes, ensuring efficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness in the production of metal components. They are also targeting candidates that have a background and knowledge of the metal fabrication and metal processing industry. As a Process Engineer, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, introduce innovative solutions, and lead continuous improvement initiatives to enhance overall manufacturing performance.
- Evaluate and enhance existing processes to improve efficiency, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop and implement cutting-edge manufacturing strategies to elevate overall production performance.
- Collaborate closely with production teams to streamline workflows and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with the product design and development teams to ensure the manufacturability of new products.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes for new products, considering efficiency and scalability.
- Provide valuable input on material selection and fabrication techniques during the design phase.
- Implement and maintain robust quality control processes for metal fabrication, ensuring compliance with industry standards and customer specifications.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to address quality issues.
- Work collaboratively with the quality assurance team to devise and refine inspection procedures.
Cost Reduction Initiatives:
- Identify cost-saving opportunities within the manufacturing processes while maintaining product quality.
- Evaluate and implement process improvements contributing to overall cost reduction.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to optimize material use and reduce production costs.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including production, design, quality, and maintenance, to ensure seamless operations.
- Effectively communicate with team members and provide technical expertise to resolve manufacturing challenges.
- Encourage and promote a culture of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a process engineering role within the metals industry.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification.